Nutrition Counseling for
Eating Disorder Recovery
Empathetic nutrition therapy with a Registered Dietitian for college students & adults who are in eating disorder recovery
Are you currently…
🍩 In recovery/maintenance from an eating disorder
(anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, or OSFED)?
🍽 Wanting to move from restrictive exchanges to a more intuitive
Plate by Plate Approach®?
💗 Looking for a Dietitian Nutritionist who takes a
whole-person approach to recovery?
Hi, I’m Courtney
As an eating disorder Dietitian who specializes in Intuitive Eating nutrition counseling and body acceptance work, I am passionate about helping others break free from eating disorders.
I believe this work is important because I know firsthand how much an eating disorder can consume your life.
My goal for clients is for them to learn more about their own relationship with food and their body. Then, we can work together toward creating habits around nourishment from food instead of restriction.
In order to ensure that I am being inclusive and flexible, if you would prefer to inquire about services in a way other than over the phone (such as email), I am happy to accommodate those requests.
You CAN recover from your eating disorder
It IS possible to feel neutral about your body
AND you deserve to have a dietitian who is compassionate
What my clients are saying
“I feel very fortunate to have had the privilege of working with Courtney.
She was my nutritionist when I was discharged from residential treatment and played a pivotal role in helping me maintain recovery from my eating disorder.
Courtney is an incredibly caring, available, and knowledgeable nutritionist. She taught me how to properly meal plan for a busy schedule, normalize enjoying food, and harbor a healthy relationship with movement.
I would not be where I am today without Courtney’s guidance and expertise, and for this, I am incredibly grateful.”
C.R., Athens, GA
During our work together, we will find ways to incorporate the 10 principles of Intuitive Eating into your life. There is no particular order, but we will cover them all throughout our time together.
Being weight inclusive with a Health at Every Size approach allows me to focus on the fact that true health is based on social, economic, and environmental factors. This also means that as an anti-diet & weight inclusive dietitian, I believe that your overall wellbeing is more important than the number on the scale.
Empathy, Compassion and Inclusion
My approach as a dietitian is also based in my values, with the top 2 being empathy and compassion. I will meet you wherever you are in this journey and help you to move forward at your own pace and readiness. I won’t judge you or push you beyond what you are ready to do (as long as you are medically stable & doing the work with me).
What is included?
One-on-one, personalized online nutrition counseling sessions with me weekly
Support in between sessions via the private chat in Practice Better
Access to the Practice Better Food & Mood Journal to continue learning about your relationship with food & body
How it works
Schedule a free clarity call
We will chat for 15 minutes to make sure we are a good fit for each other.
Complete Intake Paperwork
Once your 1st session is scheduled, you will complete the paperwork 24 hours prior.
Attend 1st Session
The 1st session is a 60 min. meeting where we do a deep dive into your history with food, dieting and body image, etc. Then you set goals or focus areas at the end of the session.
Schedule Follow up sessions
Follow-up sessions are scheduled either weekly or every other week for 50 min. We will check in, chat about how your week went and more.
“What I love most about working with Courtney is her ability to connect with me as a client, making me feel my concerns were valid and that she wanted to help! She is compassionate about your health & wellness.”
L.W., Athens, GA
“Courtney offers judgement free, honest, science-backed guidance on how to build a healthy lifestyle without feeling overwhelmed or not good enough. Her guidance was transformational for me.”
K.M., Athens, GA
“I was so excited to find a local nutritionist who practices body acceptance and intuitive eating. Courtney is easy to talk to, supportive, and compassionate. I’ve loved working with her!”
B.C., Athens, GA
Initial Consultation*Required | 60 minutes
- 60 Minute Online session via HIPAA compliant Zoom or phone call
- Deep dive where we will discuss and explore your history with food, your body, and disordered eating
- Review any previous experiences you have had either with dieting or if you have had any eating disorder treatment (what worked well, what didn’t, etc.)
- Review any recent lab work and vitals
- Set realistic goals to focus on in between sessions
- Discuss how Intuitive Eating and the Plate by Plate Approach can work for your lifestyle
- Guidance on how to use the Food & Mood Journal in Practice Better and other onboarding help
Follow Up SessionWeekly or Every other week
- 45 Minute Online session via HIPAA compliant Zoom or phone call
- Checking in to see what you feel went well and what didn’t go well since our last session
- Discussing and diving deeper into any barriers or concerns you have regarding your relationship with food and your body
- We will work together to develop a plan that feels good to YOU and is realistic for your lifestyle
- Practicing attunement exercises during session to help you get in touch with your hunger, fullness and satiety cues
- Includes Chat support in between sessions
- Access to my webinars, including Meal Planning 101 and Intuitive Eating 101
Download the app and get your first claim for this practice free!
Do you have sessions in person or online?
I currently only do sessions virtually via telehealth.
Where is your office located?
Virtual sessions are held via HIPAA compliant Zoom. In-person sessions are held at 485 Huntington Road #197 Athens, GA 30606.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist is a professional who has a minimum of a bachelors degree, completed 1200 hours of supervised practice through an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Dietetic Internship and passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Some states, such as Georgia, require licensure as well.
Will my health insurance cover Dietitian Nutritionist services?
Vickery Wellness, LLC does not file insurance and currently only accepts private pay clients. However, we can provide you with a super bill, which you can then submit to your insurance company on your own. Please click here to learn more.
What forms of payment does Vickery Wellness accept?
Vickery Wellness only accepts online payments via Stripe once it is scheduled through Practice Better.
What should I expect?
1) Once you submit an appointment request for us to chat, Courtney will confirm the request. 2) After the appointment is confirmed, you will have access to the Practice Better patient portal where you will then fill out some paperwork. 3) If it is decided that you would like to move forward with nutrition counseling, you will then schedule your initial nutrition consultation after submitting payment (either over the phone or online). 4) Once the initial nutrition consultation is scheduled, you will fill out some forms. This will include waivers & agreements, medical and lifestyle history, a 3-day food recall and a questionnaire. Everything is handled through our HIPAA compliant software, Practice Better. 5) During the consultation, we will review your lifestyle habits, history with food and body image, current habits and goals. This won’t be a cut and dry plan. We will begin to do the work of really understanding more about the ‘why’ behind some of your habits and possibly redefining what success will look like for you.
What is Intuitive Eating?
The Intuitive Eating website describes it best: “Intuitive Eating is a self-care eating framework, which integrates instinct, emotion, and rational thought and was created by two dietitians, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch in 1995. Intuitive Eating is a weight-inclusive, evidence-based model with a validated assessment scale and over 100 studies to date.” It is based on 10 principles: 1) Reject the Diet Mentality, 2) Honor Your Hunger, 3) Make Peace with Food, 4) Challenge the Food Police, 5) Respect Your Fullness, 6) Discover the Satisfaction Factor, 7) Honor Your Feelings without Using Food, 8) Respect Your Body, 9) Exercise—Feel the Difference, 10) Honor Your Health with Gentle Nutrition.
When are your appointment times?
My appointment times vary, but in general, they are Thursdays from 9 AM – 2 PM EST.
Can I still work with you if I want to lose weight?
Sure! I want to be inclusive of everyone and we can work together on a plan that is realistic and helps you to feel your best. However, I do ask that you put in the work toward a more intuitive and mindful approach to food and behavior changes. My nutrition counseling program is not weight-centric and I work best with clients who are open-minded and ready to participate in the process of questioning their thoughts and behaviors around food and exercise.
Who should work with Courtney?
For those looking for a quick fix or a short-term diet plan or just a meal plan, this is not the best service for you. Courtney focuses on long-term lifestyle & behavioral changes that are evidenced based and suitable to your lifestyle. You will work together as a team to set realistic goals for your health and wellness.
Do you help people in eating disorder recovery?
Yes. I can help adults & college students who are in recovery from an eating disorder or wants to take preventative measures to not relapse. I cannot take clients who need a higher level of care such as inpatient or intensive outpatient. Clients who have previously done some of the work of healing their relationship with food, their body and movement are the ones who benefit the most from my nutrition counseling program. I provide guidance, support and accountability. If you aren’t sure, please feel free to set up the free 15 minute clarity call!
What are your rates?
My hourly rate starts at $185 and I offer weekly or monthly payment plans for packages.
How do I know if I have an eating disorder?
Only a medical professional can diagnose an eating disorder, but you can use this tool here to see if you should seek help.
Ready to get started?