Your body is not a problem that needs to be fixed
Let's work on healing your relationship with food and your body
No tracking calories ever again.
Eating pizza with friends without feeling guilty later.
Going to the pool in your bathing suit and having fun instead of worrying about how your body looks.
What if we could take back power from diet culture and disordered eating habits by learning to trust our bodies around food?
What if we could heal our relationship with food & our bodies using an Intuitive Eating approach that is designed to help us reconnect with our true selves–all while giving us the space to grow into our own unique size, shape, and personality?
I want to help you learn more about your relationship with food and your body image. Then, we can work together toward creating habits around nourishment from food instead of restriction.
As the owner of Vickery Wellness, I am committed to providing an anti-diet and weight inclusive approach to nutrition with care, understanding, and thoughtfulness.
I strive to provide these services in a space that is inclusive, diverse, equitable, safe for all, and non-judgmental.
As part of this commitment, I make monthly donations to Diversify Dietetics and fully support their mission to "increase the racial and ethnic diversity in the field of nutrition by empowering nutrition leaders of color."
I am from a small, rural town in Georgia and I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over 10 years (yes, these do exist; It’s crazy, I know!).
We have 2 awesome kids who are always making me laugh. We also have 1 sweet dog and 2 cute kitties; they are all rescues who were abandoned by their previous owners.
It’s probably cliché to say I’m a ‘nerd’ these days, but I wear that hat proudly.
If you love Harry Potter, Jurassic Park and other science fiction books & movies, then I’m your person.
I’m what they call an ‘outgoing introvert.’ That means I have no problem speaking in front of a crowd and will talk your ear off when it’s just us. But, then I will need lots of time to myself to recharge!
Meyers Brigg: INFJ
Courtney Vickery, MS, RD, LD is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor practicing in the state of Georgia. After completing a Bachelors degree in Political Science and working in the field of politics for a year, Courtney decided to go back to school to pursue her passion for nutrition. Once she completed her Bachelors degree in Dietetics, then she went on to complete her Masters in Foods & Nutrition along with her 1200 hour Dietetic Internship. The Certificate of Gerontology was also earned as part of her studies.
For over 14 years, she has taught group fitness and yoga classes for many people in the community. She has taught every format, including step aerobics, weight lifting, HIIT, BodyCombat, RIPPED, Cycling, and Yoga; just don’t ask her to dance!
Before opening her nutrition private practice, she has worked as a clinical dietitian, outpatient dietitian, group fitness manager and a healthcare administrator. As an active member in the local dietetics community, she has partnerships with the local university and is the President-Elect of the local dietetics association chapter.
Licenses & Registrations
- Registered Dietitian | Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian | Georgia Board of Examiners
Trainings & Certifications
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor | Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders | Marci Evans, RD
- Body Image Training: The Missing Piece of Whole Body Healing | Marci Evans, RD and Fiona Sutherland, Mindful Dietitian
- Body Image 101 Training for Professionals | Body Image with Bri
- Mindfulness and Acceptance for Treating Eating Disorders | Kathy King, RDN
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Primary Group Fitness Instructor | AFAA
- Cycling Instructor Certification | Schwinn Cycling
- Masters of Science, Foods & Nutrition | University of Georgia
- Dietetic Internship | University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science, Dietetics | University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Art, Political Science | University of Georgia
- Certificate of Gerontology | University of Georgia
- President-Elect | Northeast Georgia Dietetic Association