You deserve more
Your life is meant for so much more than counting calories
Dietitian, Intuitive Eating Counselor, Food Therapist, Body Image Coach
That’s basically a lot of words to say that I help you heal your relationship with food and your body image ❤️
I want you to imagine what it would be like to never track calories ever again.
What it would be like to go eat pizza with friends and have *fun* without feeling guilty or like you need to exercise to ‘make up’ for it later.
Or even go to the pool in your bathing suit and relax instead of worrying about how your body looks.
These are just some of the examples of what diet culture and eating disorders have stolen from us.
But, the good news is that we can get it back!
I believe that providing our bodies with nourishment, respect & self compassion are the keys to true overall health & wellbeing
Empathy is a core value for me as I work with clients.
I always make sure that everyone leaves feeling like they are understood. For me, it’s all about getting people to feel good in their own skin by giving them a sense of self-worth as well as skills for dealing with challenges so they can flourish on their own terms.
I believe in the power of human connection.
I believe that people’s lives are made up of many different parts. I work as someone who will be there for whatever your nutrition related needs may be; whether it is support through tough times or cheering you on when things are going well!
I am a small business owner who is passionate about serving the needs of my community.
As the owner of Vickery Wellness, I am committed to providing an anti-diet and weight-inclusive approach to nutrition with care, understanding, and thoughtfulness.
I strive to provide these services in a space that is inclusive, diverse, equitable, safe for all, and non-judgmental.
As part of this commitment, I make monthly donations to Diversify Dietetics and fully support their mission to “increase the racial and ethnic diversity in the field of nutrition by empowering nutrition leaders of color.”
Did we just become best friends?!
I am from a small, rural town in Georgia (when I say small, I mean population of 2,700 people small). And I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over 12 years (yep, these exist!).
We have 2 awesome kids who are always making me laugh – well, when they aren’t making me pull out my hair. We also have 1 sweet dog and 2 cute kitties; they are all rescues who were abandoned by their previous owners and are living the life of luxury now!
If you love Harry Potter, Jurassic Park and other science fiction books & movies, then I’m your person.
The best explanation of my personality would be ‘outgoing introvert.’ That means I have no problem speaking in front of a crowd and will talk your ear off when it’s just us. But, then I will need lots of time to myself to recharge!
Meyers Brigg: INFJ
- Masters of Science, Foods & Nutrition | University of Georgia
- Dietetic Internship | University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science, Dietetics | University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Art, Political Science | University of Georgia
- Certificate of Gerontology | University of Georgia
- Registered Dietitian | Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian | Georgia Board of Examiners
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Yoga Teacher (200 hour)
- Primary Group Fitness Instructor | AFAA
- Cycling Instructor Certification | Schwinn Cycling
- Eating Disorder Bootcamp Training for Professionals | Jessica Setnick, MS, RD, CEDS
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders | Marci Evans, RD
- Body Image Training: The Missing Piece of Whole Body Healing | Marci Evans, RD and Fiona Sutherland, Mindful Dietitian
- Body Image 101 Training for Professionals | Body Image with Bri
- Mindfulness and Acceptance for Treating Eating Disorders | Kathy King, RDN
Are you following me on Instagram?